Sun, 11 Jun 2017 – 2nd Service
Ps Joseph Prince
Playback of 8 Jul 2012: Healing Flows When Grace Is Exalted
– The world needs healing and God sent His son for us to be healed.
– The way you receive health and wholeness is through the communion.
– Laying of hands for the sick to be healed is for the world, but it’s not for the believers or there is something wrong in the church.
– Many of us are more healed than we think, our bodies are better than we feel.
– The fist mention of healing is for the family.
– These people were sick as Sarah was not in the right place.
– Healing is in the work of Jesus Christ.
– Grief – diseases (kholee)
– Sorrows – pains (makov)
– He suffered so we will be whole.
– Quoting Isaiah 53:4-5
– Interpret the context – He healed the people physically. Our spirit does not need healing, not spiritually as for those who do not believe, their spirit is so far that it needs resurrection.
– We were created to be well. He made us to be whole, but it is man who rebelled with the free choice given.
– By His stripes, we are healed. Our soul is restored, our spirit reborn.
– Forget not all His benefits – God wants us all to be well, not only some.
– God knows all our sins, He already bore them on the cross 2000 years ago. If you think you are forgiven half, your experience of healing will only be half.
– The same flow when God forgives, He heals your body too.
– The pulpit is to preach, not to beat. Portray the loving saviour, that’s the power of grace.
– Grace and truth came from Jesus – Grace: hesed (love, mercy, grace)
– Only when people understand grace, will they be set free from sin.
2 Corinthians 8-9
– Christ died poor to make us rich. Healing will take effect on those trust in Him.
– If you think you are keeping the law, and you think it can justify it, then His holiness will not take effect on you. Put all your trust in Him and you will be healed.
– God is not interested in saving the world, but in saving the world’s people.
– The danger is in the churches preaching a mixture of law and grace. Preach the gospel and it will change the people.
– God justifies the ungodly, and He did it through the cross. Righteousness comes by faith.
– Isaac was not born of the flesh, God gets the glory when he was born.
– These 2 women are the 2 covenants (Hagar – Mount Sinai: law; Sarah – grace)
– The persecution comes from those who have the same father but different mother (law v grace).
– Joseph and Benjamin came from grace while their other 10 brothers came from law.
– Why aren’t more receiving their healing?
– Abraham lied about Sarah being his sister when even the Word declared she was his wife.
– God wants man to have an intimate relationship with grace, like a man has a intimate relationship with his wife, but not his sister.
– Grace was taken from faith – Sarah taken away.
– Sarah was taken to be one of the concubines, but not the wife. Grace became one of the topics amongst others, not the main topic.
– Even though Abraham lied, God still saw him as righteous.
– Be conscious of your righteousness. We are righteous by faith.
– Don’t separate faith out from grace.
– We the church have deceived the world. We treat grace like our sister. We tell the world God loves us unconditionally, but when they come to believe we tell them the conditions.
– The world cannot de foul grace, but grace will purify the world. When the leper touched Jesus, he was healed. The clean made the unclean clean.
– Put grace back where it belongs. When you are justified by grace, God treats you as righteous. The goodness of God leads us to righteousness.
– First mention of prophet – influence with God to pray for the person.
– Whenever grace is put back in the right place, your faith will be enriched. It’s not a battle between both, but a pairing of both.
– Rebuked – cleared and compensated / vindicated.
– God is waiting for grace not to be a topic but the main thing. The church will be fruitful when grace is back to faith.
– We are righteous by faith, not by performance. Abraham prayed for the childless even though he was childless. Righteousness comes by faith.
– Have complete trust in the righteousness by faith.
– Healing can only flow into those who are imperfect. The parables glorify the last, lost, least and they are healed.
– Healing will flow when we know we are not there altogether.
– Whatever we lack, He will supply us.
– God sees the lost as sheep without a shepherd.
– When you pray for the sick, when you are unwell yourself, you will receive your miracle.
– When Job prayed, God restored Him twice as much.
– Be intimate with grace, don’t treat it as just one of the subjects.
– By His stripes, we are healed.